B.K. Birla Centre for Education4th Aditya Birla Memorial Inter School Science Exhibition
The purpose of Science exhibitions is to develop scientific attitude in the young generation of our country to make them realize the interdependence of science, technology and society and the responsibility of the scientists of tomorrow. To inculcate this attitude among the young students an Inter school science exhibition was organised at B. K. Birla Centre for Education, Pune on Saturday, 24/11/2018. Prof. Vijay Navale,Career Counsellor, Nutan Engineering College Talegaon, Pune; Prof. Chetan More, HOD Science, D.Y. Patil Technical Campus, Ambi, Pune; Prof.Snadipkumar Awachar, HOD, Mechanical Engineering, D.Y. Patil Polytechnic, Ambi, Pune and the School Principal Dr. S.K. Sanyal, inaugurated the event.
In the exhibition, “Aditya Birla Memorial Inter School Science Exhibition-2018”, a total of 31 Exhibits, showcased by students of 18 different schools of Pune from VI to XI grades.
Few models: Electricity from Coffee Seeds, Infinity Mirrors, Hydraulic Bridge, Rain Water Harvesting, Duster Cleaner, Hitech City, Traffic Solution, Hydrogen Power Gun, Energy Park, Solid Waste Management, Charging of Battery Without Wire, Initiative Towards Safety, Electrochemical Sensors, Radio Controlled Automated Irrigation, The Threat of Dengue Fever, Women Safety Device, Floor Cleaning Machine, were main points of attraction.
The participating schools were :
- 1.Vikhe Patil Memorial School, Ravet, Pune
- 2. Alphonsa High School, Pimpri, Pune
- 3. The Orchid School, Baner, Pune
- 4. Akshara International, Wakad, Pune
- 5. Amanora School, Hadapsar, Pune
- 6. The Orbis School, Mundwa, Pune
- 7. The Lexicon International School, Nigdi, Pune
- 8. S. B. Patil School, Ravet, Pune
- 9. Empros International School, Talegaon, Pune
- 10. Blossom Public School, Tathawade, Pune
- 11. Orchids, The International School, Nigdi, Pune
- 12. VidyaNIketan School, Kalewadi, Pune
- 13. City Pride School, Nigdi, Pune
- 14. SES Gurukul, Pune
- 15. G G International School, Pimpri, Pune
- 16. S.B. Patil, Public School Ravet, Pune
- 17. High Vision International School, Somatane Phata, Pune
- 18. B. K. Birla Centre for Education, Shirgaon, Pune
With the key objective of learning by sharing, among students and with a focus of creating more awareness of science, technology, medical and engineering, the exhibition was organised.
Prof. Vijay Navale, Prof. Chetan More and Prof. Sandipkumar Awachar were the honourable Judges of the Exhibition.
The chief guest of the exhibition Mr. Satish B. Borwankar, Executive director and Chief Operating Officer, Tata Motors Limited, also interacted with participants and encouraged the energetic crowd.
The exhibition was concluded with prize distribution to winners and motivational speeches by judges, the Chief Guest and the Principal of the School.
The exhibition was conducted smoothly with the contribution of all teachers and other staff members.